The weather Thursday was a nice 50 degrees and I made the most of it with my quickest 4 miles of the season (7:40/mi).
I ran about 4.5 miles in Oil City on Saturday. I felt guilty about the first 2 miles being downhill, so I decided to run up Mitchell St. Oh-my-god (valley girl style). It's sooooo steep. It took me 1:40 to run up it--I could have probably walked faster. I'm feeling sore in my quads from it though!
Today I did my long run of 9 miles, which is the furthest I've ever run. It's pretty and sunny out, but only 25 degrees. I was lucky enough to have Cliff along on his bike the last 7 miles, and was happy to have averaged 8:49/mi.
I concentrate on the times so much so I can start to figure out what pace I'll be able to hold for the half-marathon. Right now I'm thinking 9:00/mi is reasonable, and aiming for 8:30/mi, but I'll have to see what kind of progress I make over the next few weeks.
:)
-Alli
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment