I had a productive week of training, logging in my highest mileage yet with 28 miles split between 5 runs.
I knew the toughest run would be the 8 mile run where I was supposed to warm up, run 4 miles at 6:58/mi with .5 mi jogs between, & then cool down. I set the treadmill to the 6:58 pace & it was immediately apparent that I was not ready for that kind of run! I decided to do just .5 mi at that pace with .25 mi jogs between. That lasted for 2 of the fast miles. Holy crap, that's a fast pace! I did the 3rd & 4th fast miles at 7:13 & 7:55 with the jogs between. I was beat!
My other runs were 3 runs of 3 mi each (7:47/mi, 7:38/mi, & 7:13/mi--woo hoo!), & today I trimmed down my 10 mile run a bit to 8:11/mi from last week's 8:33/mi. I'm getting there.
This next week has me tapering my mileage to 21 miles in 4 runs, so I think I'll try to throw in a day of pilates & hopefully do some hill running.
Time to finish my sandwich & study!
-Alli
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment