Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's Been Quiet

Well, we've had a bit of a bumble in the plan...Katie's knee hasn't been feeling very well. I'm SO very proud of her for tackling a huge physical challenge such as this race, especially while caring for an almost 9-year-old, as well as keeping up with a demanding career, so I'm so very bummed that her body has objections. But, I told her that finishing the race at all--via walking, running, or walking & running is a worthwhile cause, as long as her knee isn't taxed beyond repair. Doing this HUGE event in her town (CITY!) will be a blast. I've felt the energy at many other smaller races & can only imagine what Nashville we be like!

Anyway, please offer Katie your words of support!

My training is going well, but it's starting to wear on me after 12 weeks. I did 8 miles today, 6 at 7:32 & in wind. I can't wait for nice weather!!! This is sucking the life out of me. Maybe all the tests I've had in school haven't helped either. Well, only 2 weeks from Saturday!

Love,

Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment