I totally wussed out tonight on my 3 mile run. I covered the ground, but only actually ran like 2 miles of it - the rest was walked quickly. I came in over my time by about 9 minutes. I blame the Valentine's chocolate I snacked on after lunch. Damn you, delicious chocolate! I wanted to run last night, but was still sore from the Cardio-Strength class, so had to do it tonight. In all honesty, I can't wait to go back to that class. Maybe the aftermath will be easier to deal with next time! Tomorrow is rest day, but I'll probably try to fit in my yoga/pilates dvd at some point between loads of laundry.
=)
~Kate
P.S. I weighed in today for our office "Biggest Loser" (it's a group of us against another group), and realized I've lost 6 lbs. between 2/2 and today. Great news!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Kate,
ReplyDeleteYou're not a wuss. Your goal should be to cover the recommended distance--running and walking. Try to add another minute of running either every time out or every other time out. You're taking on a great challenge, one that I know you're capable of, but it takes time and patience for a person's body to be able to build up to good running shape. Gradually, you'll gain strength.
It's also important to make sure that you listen to you aches and pains. There is a difference between normal muscle soreness and injury pain: normal muscle soreness will usually begin to go away within a few days. Injury pains are usually localized. Sharp pains that last for any length of time mean you may have to cross train more. If this happens, let me know and I'll give you some suggestions.
Congrats on losing six pounds. You're doing it the right way!