Hehe, I'm in a goofy mood. What's new?!?? I had Cardio-Strength class tonight. It was great. Wow, I love it. Since I did the 6-miler last night, I didn't think it'd be cool to start off my week tonight.
My ankle is feeling a little funky. I think it might be a little weak (?). The inner side of my achilles was very tender last night. I think I might be "supinating", which means I'm rolling more on the outside of my foot. It's the opposite of being flat-footed or "overpronating". Here's part of what I found on "supination":
"At the New YorkCollege of Podiatric Medicine I learned that when the subtalar joint is held in it's neutral position, and the longitudinalaxis of the midfoot is maximally pronated especially in thefrontal plane, then the first metatarsal phalangeal joint is relatively plantarflexed with regards to the other metatarsalheads."
LOL
Ang, my dear friend and exercise go-to told me it can be as simple as finding a shoe with a narrower sole on it. I'll have to look into that fairly soon in order to avoid race day discomfort.
That is all I have for you right now.
~Kate
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Katie Ann,
ReplyDeleteNot to discount Ang, but I'm not sure about the new shoe...you should look into it further.
I would first ask Jay, & then find a running shoe store that could watch you run on a treadmill. Remember our old neighbor Ellen from Regent St.? She & her husband own a shoe store franchise called "Fleet Feet." They do that there & that's where I get all of my gear. Supposedly there's one near you:
Fleet Feet Sports
330 Franklin Road,
Suite 262B
Brentwood, TN 37027
(615) 373-1123
staff@fleetfeetnashville.com
Our store has real runners working there (I've seen them competing at races), so I would think yours would be the same.
Let us know what you find!
Love,
Alli
Just getting home from Fleet Feet with a $120.00 pair of Brooks. They're really really nice.
ReplyDeleteThe guy said actually to use the shoes I have now (New Balance) for race day and to train in these Brooks. He said that these New Balances that I have are really great cause they're lightweight, but they don't offer that much support.
I went against Alli's advice and bought the socks lol. They were $10.00. I felt guilty about wearing them to try the shoes on with! I mean, really, what the heck are they gonna do with them? Are they gonna re-package them?
I'm not really sure if I'm "supinating". I think he actually said I was "overpronating" on the one foot. How about that?
All I know is, I wanna take care of my feet since I'll hopefully have them for another 50 years, at least. So I'm doing that.
Thanks Alli!!
~Kate
Man!
ReplyDeleteAlli, you beat me to the punch. I would've recommended a running shoe store too, but you've taken care of it. Now, if those Brooks work well for you, Kate, I know of a couple of online places you can probably get the same shoes for $30 less if you ever decide to get another pair.