Another cold run today. This time is was 24 degrees when I started out, & 27 degrees by the time I got home. I did 5 mi. at an average of 8:21/mi., which isn't too bad, but my lungs hurt a bit at the end. Still beats a treadmill!
I'm on a taper this week. It feels odd after building up to 21 miles last week, but I'll take it--I need all the time I can get. We just picked Shobha up today from the knee surgery she had yesterday. They repaired her completely torn ACL by cutting her tibia to make it slant less & then installing a metal plate with 6 screws. I have the x-rays to show my classmates once I return to school next week. It's pretty cool, but I feel SO bad for the girl. She's whining a bit & doesn't look too happy! Cliff & I are both home tomorrow though & will try to help her rest as much as possible. She won't be running for a while.
I'm ready for spring!
-Alli
P.S. Katie, I don't run with the MP3 outside (don't trust the nutty drivers out there!), but I was enjoying some NIN the other day at the gym. There's so much good stuff on there that I wish it was compatible with our I-Pod dock!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment